Sunday, August 11, 2019

Plaid

I love the movie "Space Balls." There is a scene where they are traveling in outer space and their spaceship keeps getting faster and faster...light speed, warp speed, etc...until the fastest speed of all...plaid!!

I have gone plaid!! Every since the announcement of this deployment, time seems to have gotten a lot faster.

Many people have asked how they can pray for me. I usually say the same thing, "pray that I will be present wherever I am." I have borrowed this from the Quaker tradition.

I don't want to miss a moment of all the great things that are happening at CUMC right now...I want to be present.

I don't want to miss a moment of all I need to do to properly prepare to be deployed...I want to be present.

I don't want to miss a moment with my family in these last few days we have together...I want to be present.

May the God of "kairos" time allow me to be aware enough in this present moment and no other...

No comments:

Post a Comment