Sunday, August 4, 2019

O-5

It was recently announced that I have become a Lieutenant Colonel in the United States Air Force. My official promotion ceremony will probably be this Fall. I am still trying to get my mind wrapped around this fact.

This rank has been something that I have worked hard to achieve and has been a long time in coming. I am still not sure I am worthy of joining the ranks of other incredible Lt Col that I have known.

One of the most inspiring Lt Col I have known is Greg Clapper. He was my very first Wing Chaplain at the 122d. When I struggled to adjust to the demands of military life, he was there with a listening ear and supportive heart. He encouraged me to not just be a good pastor in uniform, but to be a good officer as well.

13 years ago, Greg set the vector of my USAF officer course and I am grateful. I can only hope to be 1/2 the Lt Col he was.


No comments:

Post a Comment