Tuesday, December 24, 2019

Christmas

Even though our Commander In Chief gave most Federal employees Christmas Eve off, the mission at the 181st never stops, so I am proudly working today and tonight. Today is shaping up to be a very busy day for lots of reasons.

I plan to do a short service tonight and tomorrow.

This is my 3rd Christmas being deployed. The prior two meant that the Lundys opened Christmas presents via Skype. We will get to celebrate in person in a few days this time around!

One of my best memories of being deployed during Christmas was from Saudi Arabia last time around. Marti asked me to read Scripture at her late Christmas Eve service. At first we were going to record it, but then we realized with the time difference I could literally read it live on Christmas Day in KSA and it would still be Christmas Eve in Huntington and thus I could be project live into their sanctuary.

I ended the reading by pointing the camera out my widow to the Christmas sunrise. A very powerful moment to be reminded that we are all connected more than we realize and that one sunset leads right into a sunrise.


No comments:

Post a Comment