Monday, August 24, 2020

Extension Ministry

One thing was was discussed in my Military Chaplaincy DMin was the fact that, for the most part, ministry in the "extension" setting (i.e. beyond the local church) is thriving right now. Even growing. 

I believe this to be true. People have a hunger to make meaning of the world around them and their place in it. As more and more choose to not look to the church for that meaning making, they are looking for places like their work setting.

I can attest to the fact that in my work setting there are many non-church going persons that seek my counsel. I am proud to represent the church beyond the church building as people continue to long for meaning making help outside of a traditional church setting. I wonder what the next 25 years will hold for the local church and extension ministry settings as this shift continues to happen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment