Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Overnight Bible Study

I really enjoy leading Bible Studies at the 181st. A current one is for the overnight crew that I do at the beginning of shift in the evening. They come in a hour early just to be in this Bible Study! Outstanding group.

Recently we were talking about a passage from James 4...being a "friend" of the world. I told them that I thought the word "friend" was easily misunderstood in this context. I said it is a little like the difference between a "chubby" friend and being an "ally" friend.

This was received with blank looks...when finally one Airmen spoke up and said, "Chaplain, do you mean 'chummy'?"

I said, "yes! I knew that chubby didn't sound right but I couldn't think of chummy."

Don't be either a chubby or chummy friend!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment