Friday, September 27, 2019

Army Strong

I was recently at a combined Army and Air Force Chaplain training. Most of it was a combination of classroom lectures and small group discuss. We did spend a morning on an Army "conditioning course." Elements that made me remember of terror of Jr. High gym class!

Obstacles such as a low crawl, rope climbs, cargo netting, jumping up and rolling over a large horizontal pole awaited us. And we were expected to run from station to station. This Air Force guy had only done anything like this once and that was at basic training.

It was obvious from my Army colleagues that they had spend much time on courses such as this. I was very impressed with Chaplains older than me mastering these elements. I was put to shame!!

Confession...before that day I had some pretty crass assumptions and opinions about Army Chaplains. Not any more! Wow, was I impressed. I have a new high level of respect for my Army colleagues. But I will stay blue none-the-less!

I realized how easy it is to have a closed mind about someone I hadn't taken the time to really get to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment