Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Pre-deployment check list

Each time I have deployed I have had to get several things in order before I could leave. Such things as having a signed will and a solid estate plan in place in case I didn't come back alive. I had to make sure things around the house were as done as possible.

Side note: it is true that things that could go wrong, do seem to go wrong AFTER I leave!

All that to say there are many tangible things to set in place before leaving to do the Nation's business.

But there are also intangible things such has making sure my relationships with family and friends are in order. Are they sure I love them deeply? Have I looked them in the eyes enough to carry me through the separation?

This time around has been different. Yes, the tangible check list is done. But I find myself battling between, "I will just be in Terre Haute so it's no big deal" to "this a a deployment and I have no idea what will really happen."

It is a very funky place to be in. I am trying to make sure I stay present, even though it is literally uncharted territory.

No comments:

Post a Comment