Friday, September 27, 2019

Golden Ticket

I spent a recent Sunday morning waiting in a long line to give my required "golden flow" sample for a military drug test. My observer was not happy to be spending his day watching guys do our thing at the urinal. He yelled at me because I didn't wash my hands before procuring the sample!

I realized that with all our "blouses" (outer shirt of our uniform) off we looked about the same. No rank, not even any names. For a brief moment I felt a unity knowing we were all attempting to do our best to get through something we didn't want to do.

It was not lost on me that this encounter of unity happened on the Lord's Day. And although I would formally worship that afternoon in our Protestant service that I led, I did realize that there are many times I sit in worship at Church and don't feel this same level of unity.

Maybe mandatory urinalysis testing is the ticket!?!?!?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment