Saturday, November 23, 2019

DV

We are actively getting ready for some big time Distinguished Visitors to the 181st (I don't think I can technically say who they are at this point).  Lots of protocol goes into hosting folks like these. They are worthy of all the respect we can give them.

I am amazed at the detail plans that come with this visit. Every minutes to scheduled. Every movement scripted. I am not sure I could handle being in that kind of prison!

In the midst of all the extra effort that goes into something like this, I have to keep telling myself something my Mother-in-law always said, "it is nice to be nice."

So regardless of the hassle this visit is causing, I will choose to look for the good and bring my best self to that day.

I commit to:

  • Appreciate them taking the time to come visit us
  • Ask lots of questions of them so that I can learn to do my job better 
  • Listen deeply to what they say and allow their perspective to shape my reality 
  • Get my picture with some/all of them
Just in time for Thanksgiving...let us all commit to welcome all visitors with grace and understanding AND let us redouble our efforts in being good hosts! 

No comments:

Post a Comment