Sunday, November 10, 2019

Veterans Day

Veterans Day came early for me. I spent part of last Sunday visiting Veterans in a local Terre Haute nursing home. This event was put on by the Junior Enlisted Council (a group of the lowest 3 enlisted ranks that work on building leadership skills and organizing community engagement events).

As I knelt at the side of several Veterans listening to their stories, I realized that I have inherited a treasured legacy that flows through warriors such as them. I was inspired by stories of sacrifice and courage.

This was the first time as a Veteran myself I did anything like this. I realized there is power in the simple act of really listening to the stories of others.

I don't know how you plan on marking Veterans Day tomorrow...may I suggest you find a Veteran (or two or three) and ask her/him to tell you part of their story?

Chances are you will be blest beyond measure and the Veteran's life will probably be changed as well.

1 comment: