Saturday, November 23, 2019

"Falling Upward"

In between reading and studying for Air War College, I am reading "Falling Upward" by Richard Rohr. This is the first book I have read of his and he is fast becoming one of my newest favorite authors.

This little book packs a powerful punch to those of us that should being thinking more intentionally about the 2nd half of life.

The premise of the book is that the 1st half of life is the "container" (his word) that gives shape and foundation to the 2nd half of life that should be the most impact-ful part of our lives.

Wow...no slacking off just because I am getting old! What a challenge to think about the lasting impact the 2nd half of my life should/could/must have.

It reminds me of my favorite track analogy..."positive split" is when your last lap is the fastest lapy you run.

Jesus saved the best for last with the whole death and resurrection thing...will they say Kent saved (and did!) his best act of living, serving, giving in the 2nd half of his life?

What about you?

1 comment: