Tuesday, November 5, 2019

Month recap

I am past the one month mark of this 12 month journey, so what follows are some reflections so far:


  • I am very honored to wear the uniform and consider it an outstanding privilege to put it on everyday
  • Seeing the worst of humanity drives me to do what I can to bring out the best in people
  • Self-care is very important
  • Prayers from home are a taproot of Faith that bring my life nourishment beyond measure
  • I am still living into my new rank (I have to look down at my uniform from time to time to remind me that I am the "Colonel" people around me are talking about!!)
  • I work with some amazingly smart people that are dedicated to what they do
  • I miss the rhythm of Church life  
  • Getting to the gym first thing in the morning pays incredible dividends the rest of the day
The journey continues...stay tuned! 

3 comments:

  1. Hard to believe you’re 1/12th through the deployment already. Time flies! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete