Tuesday, November 5, 2019

For All the Saints

The first Sunday of November is one of my favorite Sundays...All Saints Sunday. A time to remember and rejoice for all the Saints that have gone on before us but have not forgotten us. They cheer us on from the Eternal stadium and empower us by their example to bring our best selves to each day.

It was a very busy drill weekend this past weekend, so it is just now that I am reflecting on the Saints I am mindful of right now.

I am grateful for:

Thomas Merton--Catholic Theologian/Monk that stretches my understanding of God
Rev. Charles M. Curtis--my first mentor in the Faith who saw in me Kingdom potential
Shirley Jean Lundy--my mother
Tom Richardson--Boy Scout leader who gave me another example of what it means to be a "man"
Ben and Betsy Gates--the best in-laws I could ever hope for
Grandparents--whose "second opinion" on life (my parents being the first opinion) offered a depth to my life that I didn't realize in the moment

Who will remember me on All Saints Sunday and for what reason?

1 comment:

  1. I will remember you as the man who encouraged my faith and pushed me out of the boat. :)

    ReplyDelete