Friday, October 18, 2019

A Good Reminder

During some recent workplace vitiation, I stated that I was new here and asked what it would take to become a good Chaplain. One young Airman said without hesitation, "offering weekly worship opportunities."  I told him that would be too easy.

As I later reflected, I realized a few things:

  • Yet another reminder that this mission is 24/7/365, right here in Terre Haute, America!
  • A young person actually missed worshiping with his local congregation because he spent most Sundays at the 181st doing the mission.
  • A young person hungry to worship
  • A young person willing to speak up for his Spiritual needs
  • A young person giving this old Chaplain a lesson I needed
How hungry are you to worship? How hungry am I to worship? 


1 comment:

  1. Bless that young airman's heart!
    Hope you're able to do what he's asking!

    ReplyDelete