Tuesday, October 1, 2019

PT Failure

It seemed like a good idea at the time...a lot of great stories begin that way right??

It seemed like a good idea to go ahead and do my physical fitness text early while I was still on my first deployment. What could go wrong?

Running outside in February in Germany...no problem!

Having no time to actually prepare for the test...who cares?

Caring the weight of all the stress and strain of the deployment...big deal!

As you can guess...I failed my PT test in Germany, in the winter, at the end of a very stressful deployment.

Having to stand in the Commander's office as soon as I returned to my home unit and try to explain why I failed was not fun.

I made a decision in his office that day to never do that again. I am happy to report that that failure is my only one.

My plan to never let this happen again is based on a Muhammad Ali quote, "champions are not made in the ring, they are only recognized there." I can't wait to get in the "ring" of the PT test having never conditioned before that moment.

I run everyday. Now that I am in a deployed environment that has access to a well stocked gym with 24 hour access, I have no excused not to train.

No more waiting to the last minute. Tomorrow's success begins with training today.

Now that IS a good idea at the time!!


No comments:

Post a Comment