Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Family Readiness

As you probably are aware any member of the National Guard must be ready to deploy within 72 hours of notification. This is primarily used when the Governor needs our services because of a natural disaster. We are required to keep our bags packed.

But it is more than just personally being ready with my bags packed. I also have to ensure my family is ready. There is no military readiness without family readiness.

I have been reminded recently how important it is that families are ready at any time for their service member to be absent for an unknown period of time. Each military installation has a "Family Readiness" director that does nothing but ensures families are ready for deployments and are cared for during times of separation. These directors are awesome and provide an incredible service to the military.

My family has been ready each of the 3 times I have deployed. It is never easy to be separated, but I have appreciated their support of me and the ways they stepped up at home to make sure life in the Lundy household went on without me. 

I am grateful for my "ready" family.


2 comments:

  1. Do your days usually start so early?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most of them, yes. The rest I work evening/nights to cover overnight shifts.

    ReplyDelete