Sunday, October 6, 2019

August, 1988

In one fashion or another, I have been expected to be in worship virtually every Sunday since I became under the appointment of my first Bishop in Winfield, KS in August, 1988. That is a long time and it just means I am getting old!

It also means I really missed worshipping with "my" folks today.

Here are some things I am especially missing today (in no particular order):


  • Open Communion...no "preferred" seating; all are on equal ground when feasting at the Lord's Table
  • The faithfulness of servants that make worship happen...like musicians (both 8:15 and 10:30); ushers, greetings, Liturgists...
  • The generosity of givers of their time and money  
  • Sunday School teachers 
  • The steady participation of folks that show up...NO MATTER WHAT!!
  • High fives from the children 
  • Those getting out of the "boat" of complacency and realizing that if the Kingdom is going to be built on their watch, it means sacrifice and blessing
  • My preaching...before you judge me, hear me out. I love the art of preaching (I still have a lot to learn in order to prefect that art) and I missed not being in the pulpit today. Yes, I led a short informal worship service today at the 181st, but I didn't preach. 
  • Leaving Church better than when I arrived

What do you miss when you miss going to Church? 


1 comment:

  1. We missed you too! Have you opened all the cards yet?

    ReplyDelete