Sunday, October 6, 2019

O-5

I had the honor of being promoted to Lieutenant Colonel yesterday. When I was promoted to Major in 2013, Josh and Nathan pined on my oak leaves. I made a promise to Marti that she could do one of my leaves with the next rank.

Because I was notified last minute, Marti was able to flex her plans and came down Friday night so she could be at the ceremony early Saturday morning.

An added bonus was that we both stayed in my 9X12 efficiency apartment. It was a little cramped with both of us there, so I had to go outside anytime I wanted to change my mind! 

I am honored to wear the O-5 rank. I still have to look down at my uniform to make sure it is real. This has been a long dream of mine. I certainty didn't get here alone and am grateful for all the support that was put into my getting new oak leaves.


2 comments: