Saturday, October 12, 2019

Comprehensive Airmen Fitness






       Image result for airman comprehensive fitness

What you are looking at is official USAF doctrine. It states that uniform members of the USAF cannot be fit without holding these four things in tension ("tension" is different than "balance" but that is a whole different post).


Notice the pillars: mental, social, physical and spiritual...that last pillar is my "lane" as a Chaplain.
The definition of "spiritual" is "that which brings you meaning and purpose." Of course for a Christian that means that Jesus Christ is the One that brings Kent Lundy my ultimate meaning and purpose. But since I live and serve in a pluralistic environment, "spiritual" means different things to different Airmen. My job is to make sure all those that need it, get my help staying grounded in their meaning and purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment