Monday, October 7, 2019

Purple Envelopes

I started a tradition for each deployment to ensure that Marti would receive a weekly, hand delivered, card/note/expression of my love. I prepared these before I left and lined up different people to make the deliveries.

They arrive in a purple (her favorite color) envelope each week. During my last deployment one week's message was a no kidding personal phone call from the Secretary of the Air Force. There is a lot more to that story that includes a very unhappy wife and a commanding Chaplain that was not very happy with me either.

Round three has begun and I have gone back to the basics and combined two great things: Marti's love of puzzles and my love of her.

When/if you see Marti, ask her how she likes this round of her weekly purple envelopes.

No comments:

Post a Comment