Monday, October 21, 2019

Purple Envelope Revenge

As I have mentioned previously, Marti gets a weekly purple envelope from me during my deployments. This time around it is my version of our courtship and marriage (I may be taking literary license with some minor aspects of what I remember!) I am writing this story one paragraph at a time and I cut up each word so that she has to put the "puzzle" of that paragraph together each week.

To make the point of how difficult it was to hold and move around small pieces of paper, Marti has sent me my own paragraph to put together. I would like to point out that her pieces are way more numerous and way smaller than anything I have given to her (so far).

I do have a secret weapon...my "Kansas English!" Ain't no Google translate app goin' to help her there!! So she will have lots of opportunities to appreciate my "accent."

Since we are to lean towards Easter in all things and look for good even in the midst of yet another deployment, I have to say that these envelopes would have never happened if I had not deployed. And trust me, they have given us LOTS of stories to tell our grand-kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment